Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Show Biz: Wednesday 01/28/09

*** I'm getting better at my "Blago" impression. Although, I like to pronounce it Blow-go. Seems more fitting for some reason.

He keeps talking on all of the gabfests in New York that his comments caught on tape during his wiretapped conversations of the last few months have been taken "out of context".

According to the Sun-Times, he even wants all of the conversations to be heard...

"I'm just the opposite of Nixon. I want all the tapes heard," his publicist reported him saying during the second day of his national media blitz. The governor also greeted New Yorkers on the street, saying, "Hi, I'm the governor of Illinois, and I did not try to sell a Senate seat."

Well, if all these conversations were "out of context" as he claims, then you'd think he'd be more willing to fight his case in person in Springfield, and not running away to go appear on Fox and Friends.

Blagojevich, as mentioned in the article, has helped his family cope with the ordeal by getting them a dog.

In describing the toll on his family since his Dec. 9 arrest, Blagojevich said that their new puppy -- a white maltipoo named Skittles -- is helping ease the stress.

"In terms of what we tell our kids, it's a very difficult time for our family," he said on "The Early Show" on CBS. "And our little girls, my wife and I, we got them a little puppy during the Christmas holidays, something I was resisting for the last couple of years.

"But when all this happened, it was a therapeutic thing for our girls, and they love their little puppy and I think she's helping them through this."


Speaking of dogs, keep checking the blog for a link in the upper right hand corner that will allow you to email us pics of your pets. Dogs, cats, goats, whatever.

A listener emailed me the idea back when Jay's dog, Slater made an appearance recently.

Nothing fancy, just photos of your pets that we can post on the blog down the line.

Another way to help connect with our beloved listeners.

Rod, feel free to send in a pic of Skittles, too.


*** Sarah Maclachlan turns 41 today. I went with a song that I like, but doesn't get a lot of radio play -- especially on WJDK -- for the tie-in during the birthday segment, "Sweet Surrender"




*** The 80's Escape this morning featured a song that we played a lot at my college radio station, "Rain In The Summertime" by The Alarm.

Their singer, Dave Sharp turned 50 today.