Monday, January 12, 2009

Show Biz: Monday 01/12/09

*** Today I gave the audience a rehash of Megan's tooth troubles from Friday. Everything is fine, and she's pretty much back to eating regular foods today.

On Sunday, while on a "soft foods" diet, she -- and I -- looked forward to a chocolate chip pancake breakfast, made by my wife.

I'm usually the breakfast cooker in the house, but my expertise is limited to egg dishes. And, that "expertise" is limited to scrambled eggs, and omelettes.

Right. Not much expertise at all.

I've tried making pancakes, but they never turn out right. So, my wife, Laurie makes them, and they're excellent. She just uses the chocolate chip muffin mix from Betty Crocker, and follows the pancake recipe on the back.

So, Megan and I were up Sunday morning by about 7:00, and all we needed was the pancake maker to wake up and whip up some delicious pancakes. Problem was, my wife didn't get up until about 9:00 -- along with Sarah, who slept for over 13 hours that night!

To add to the already dangerous amounts of hunger pangs, Laurie decided she needed to have something to eat first, before spending the next 20-30 minutes making the pancakes.

By the time she had a couple of pieces of toast, Megan and I were drooling. I think we would have been satisfied eating the actual muffin mix package -- with maple syrup on it, of course.

Eventually, the pancakes were made, and they were fantastic. Thanks, honey.

The muffin mix package was tasty, too. Adding butter was the key.


*** The birthday tie-in today was a no-brainer. Mel C turned 31 today, so it was a Spice Girls Monday with "2 Become 1".




*** Motown turns 50 today. For the 80's Escape, we went for some Diana Ross, and her 1980 Top 5 hit, "I'm Coming Out".

Thankfully, I couldn't find a legitimate video for the song from Diana, which means you get to enjoy a Japanese dude singing it karaoke style.

Classic stuff here.