Friday, January 9, 2009

I Hope The Magazines Are Good

Greetings and salutations. If you haven't already noticed, I'm not at work today. I took the day off to accompany my oldest daughter, Megan, to the oral surgeon this morning.

Megan is having five baby teeth pulled to help make room for her big teeth to come in.

My wife is staying home with our youngest daughter, Sarah.

There will also most likely be other -- mostly minor -- additional things over time that Megan will either have to wear or have done.

Before the inevitable braces.

We're heading over there this morning, and once the surgery is done, we've been told the recovery time shouldn't be that bad, or that long.

Megan's at least a little excited about the recovery, because ice cream and jello has been prescribed as a heavy component of her Friday menu.

So, enjoy a little Norm Duvall this morning, catch all of the local news with Jay, and I'll be back in the chair tomorrow morning.