Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Show Biz: Tuesday 01/13/09

*** Julia Louis-Dreyfus turns 48 today. Hard to believe 'Lainey is pushing 50.

She still looks fantastic.

I know we just played "Shining Star" recently -- the song Elaine "dances" to in the "Little Kicks" episode, but today is also the birthday of Earth Wind and Fire drummer Fred White.

So, naturally, "Shining Star" got another spin.



I hope Elaine likes the gifts we got her.




*** American Idol starts tonight. Ugh. It's such a grueling show to watch. Four months of torture.

I pay attention to about 50% of each episode. It's one of those things that because of what I do, and because my wife and daughter like the show so much, that I feel I watch it almost because I have to.

My interest level varies as the season progresses. The segment of the show I actually like the best are the Hollywood rounds.

Naturally, they gloss over that in an episode or two.

Who will win this year? Who knows. Will it be as interesting as last season's battle of the Davids?

I can only hope the reactions to the winning announcement are as entertaining.



A reaction like that, even from innocent young girls, was bound to be mocked...




*** Trevor Rabin turns 55 today. These days, Rabin is a very successful composer of soundtracks.

Rabin spent a chunk of his career in the rock group Yes, and penned their first number one hit, "Owner Of A Lonely Heart".

Big MTV hit, too. How can it not be when the lead is washing his face with maggots.