Monday, December 8, 2008

Show Biz: Monday 12/08/08

*** Strange. Just one day after I make a post about a pick, poking some fun at the picture in the post below, and tying it in with the classic Seinfeld episode about a nose pick, I read a story today about a man who died - from picking his nose!

British man Ian Bothwell died recently from bleeding to death, a result of picking his nose too much, according to the coroner's report.

I guess his death was snot as simple as it seemed.


*** Today marks the 28th anniversary of the death of John Lennon. I remember watching Monday Night Football that night, when Howard Cosell informed the nation of what had happened.

Being only nine years old at the time, I wasn't very familiar with The Beatles, although I'm sure I knew a few of their songs. However, I was pretty familiar with a couple of the hits from Lennon's album that came out that year, Double Fantasy.

We played one of those songs today on the 80's Escape. Here's an acoustic version of "Watching The Wheels"...