Thursday, February 12, 2009

Show Biz: Thursday 02/12/09

*** Michael McDonald turns 56 today. We've documented on the show several times how much Jay's wife, Devon, despises McDonald, so, naturally, we played a song sung by him for the birthday tie-in.

I like Michael McDonald, and the song I chose today is a staple on my iPod, as, for me, it's a song that I never get tired of hearing. I just love the groove of the song, and it always puts me in a good mood.

The song is "It Keeps You Running", by The Doobie Brothers.

Maybe I played it in hopes of swaying Devon, at least a little bit, over to the pro-Michael side, even though I doubt that's going to happen.

Couldn't find an adequate video of that song, but I thought this was amusing.




*** Chynna Phillips turns 40 today. She is one of the few celebrity women that really rocked the short hair.

For the 80's Escape, we rolled out some Wilson Phillips.

This song was -- we hope -- recorded in 1989, although it was a hit in 1990. "Release Me"