Thursday, February 5, 2009

Show Biz: Thursday 02/05/09

*** One of the singers of Three Dog Night, Cory Wells, had a birthday today.

Wells, who still tours with the current version of the band, sang lead vocals on the hit we played today during the birthday segment, "Mama Told Me Not To Come"




*** For some reason, I had it in my head that Bobby Brown's "My Prerogative" came out in 1990, and that for the 80's Escape today -- with it being Bobby's 40th birthday today -- I'd have to come up with some runaround way of making it an 80's song.

I usually do this by claiming that the song was "written in 1989", or "recorded at the end of '89", or "didn't become a hit until early 1990".

But, the song actually came out in '88, so crisis averted.

Forgive me for not being completely up to date on all things Bobby Brown. Between all of the brushes with the law, and marital problems with Bobby and Whitney, the music gets lost in the shuffle.

Lost in the iPod shuffle, I suppose.

Not my iPod, though.