Friday, April 10, 2009

Show Biz: Friday 04/10/09

*** Happy Good Friday, everyone. As you may have noticed, the poll question for the next few days centers around my high school garage band, Tempus Fugit.

Several weeks ago, I spoke about how I had been trying to track down our drummer, Pete, because he has all of our cassette tapes.

It had been years since I had heard from him, and I'd been trying -- fruitlessly -- to get in touch with him for a very long time.

Thanks to Facebook, and some mutual friends, I did find him, and after several funny email exchanges, he let me know that he has found the tapes!

He's agreed to send them to me, and I'll transfer them to CD. The question now is, do I play any of them on the air?

Do you have any interest in hearing them? Do I really want to let these tapes see the light of day? I guess that's more than one question.



*** "Babyface" has a birthday today, so during the birthday segment we played a song he helped produce, and perform on with Eric Clapton, "Change The World".





*** The 80's Escape song today had no rhyme or reason to it. Well, it probably had some rhymes, being a song and all.

We featured the self-love anthem from Cyndi Lauper, "She-Bop".

Here's an acoustic version...