Monday, March 30, 2009

Show Biz: Monday 03/30/09

*** A lot of birthday song options today: Celine Dion, Tracy Chapman, Norah Jones, and even M.C. Hammer are all celebrating birthdays today.

But, for me, the clear choice was Eric Clapton. "Slowhand" turns 64 today. Unfortunately I left several of my Clapton CD's at the compound, so my choices were limited.

The song I chose is one of his underrated hits of the late 70's, "Promises".

Now, I looked long and hard for a proper music video of the song, but what I've found is ten times better, and 100 times creepier.

I present this fine video of a flabby middle-aged dude jumping rope to the song.

This is the type of video that is found at a man's house after he's been arrested for soliciting a minor.

Enjoy.




*** One of the best albums of 1989 was Journeyman by Clapton. The lead track is "Pretending", and it was the choice today for the 80's Escape.

This video -- which includes no jump roping -- is from a concert from Argentina.




*** Thanks to the folks at Rent-A-Center for having us do a broadcast at their grand opening Saturday.

We gave away a bunch of prizes at the store on Route 6 in Morris, and each of the station employees there did a nice job containing ourselves to just one plate of food.