Monday, November 17, 2008

Show Biz: Monday 11/17/2008

*** Our poll question this week -- on the right hand side of the blog -- has to do with James Bond. With Quantum Of Solace sitting at the top spot on the box office charts this week, we're asking which actor is your favorite in the Bond role.

Voting ends early Monday morning.

He didn't make the cut for the poll, but my favorite is Tom Hanks. Watch the video below and tell me he's not the best James Bond!




*** Happy birthday today to Gordon Lightfoot. Jay and I did a wonderful rendition of "If You Could Read My Mind" during the birthday segment today.

I'm not sure if you enjoyed it as much as we did, but be thankful, Jay and I were thisclose to breaking out our version of "MMMM Bop", with one of the Hanson Brothers having a birthday today as well.

Let's move on.


*** So, is Sunday night the best night of television for you? It's tough for me to squeeze everything in. I'm trying to keep track of Dexter, True Blood, Family Guy, The Simpsons, The Amazing Race, and Mad Men -- although the 2nd season for that show ended a few weeks ago.

Last night's episode of Dexter featured the scene in which Jimmy Smits nearly killed the stuntman with a real knife. We mentioned it on the morning show when it happened a few weeks ago.

And...cut.