Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Jay and I, and our families, extend to you a heartfelt Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Thanks to you for listening to the show, and now, visiting the blog. Spread the word.

We hope you have a great day, and that the Eagles get their act together and win tonight. Well, that last part is mainly my hope.

I'm still trying to recover from Tuesday night's series finale of The Shield, so a day full of food and beverage should help to do the trick. I know for a fact that there very well could be blog readers here who have yet to see the finale, so all I'll say is, I am really going to miss that show.

Today, we'll be visiting my in-laws in the afternoon, eating a full plate there, and then trekking to my brother's house, and likely having at least a half-full plate there. He and his wife -- newlyweds, married in May -- are hosting their first Thanksgiving. My parents will be there, too, and even though it will make for a late night -- for me at least -- it's going to be a lot of fun.

I doubt I'll have time during the busy day to sneak in a viewing of my favorite Thanksgiving related movie, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Maybe before the weekend is out.

As funny as it is, it's also very touching, and, yes, I get choked up everytime John Candy comes over to Steve Martin's house at the end.

Plus, it's always a treat to see the scenes that were filmed at the "Braidwood Inn" -- actually, the Sun Motel -- along I-55. Coal City is also technically in the film, albeit briefly, in a scene where Martin and Candy drive by the Coal City exit.

If I can't watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, then I could always watch my beloved Eagles play Arizona tonight.

That'll reduce me to tears, as well.